Friday, February 18, 2011

February 17, 2011 - Fake Spring Day

Today is about 70 degrees and sunny, the driveway is snow-free for the first time in months, and the seeds have been ordered from Seed Savers Exchange.   If it were not for a possibility of snow Sunday night I would have thought Spring had arrived.

So after taking inventory of my seeds leftover from last year I really didn't need to order a whole lot for the vegetable garden.  The only two that I ended up ordering are two wild looking watermelon varieties.  They sound good!  I'm planning on planting them outside of the garden in a plot the landowner had used for watermelon two years ago - if it goes unused again that is.

Other than that I ordered some sunflower seeds and a few other flowers for Stacey.  I'm officially ready to play in the dirt!!

Golden Midget Watermelon
Watermelon, Golden Midget
Watermelon, Orangeglo                                        

1 comment:

  1. You should grow 600 tomato plants this year and bottle and sell your own brand of ketchup.

    Also, you should grow a beer tree. That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete