Saturday, September 10, 2011

August 28, 2011 Hurricane Irene

I know that this is a bit after the fact, but I I wanted to post a couple of pictures of what the garden looked like following the hurricane.  For all the preparation we did for the house, I didn't feel that there was a whole lot I could do for my garden.

All the sunflowers have blown over.  They were snapped at the base but we were able to cut a few for the table.

 All the tomatoes had blown over too. A few are starting to grow again despite leaning heavily.

All in all it looks like the end is here for the garden this year.  There are a handful of peppers to pick and hopefully a couple more fresh tomatoes before I have to shop for them at the grocery store again.  I don't think the hurricane destroyed the garden, but it did push it towards the end a bit faster than I had hoped.  It's time to start the clean up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment