Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5, 2012 - West Chester Growers Market



Every year the official garden season begins for me with the opening of the West Chester Growers Market.  This year was no different and despite being an overcast and drizzle filled morning we got there just after it opened. 



 For the past few years I've purchased nearly all my tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and herbs here from various vendors.  A few are now familiar faces I look forward to every year.  I didn't go too overboard this first day at the market, but I did come home with the following:
 


Tomatoes:  Two Amish Paste (plums), Black Krim (medium), Lemon Boy (med/large), Green Zebra (medium), and a Yellow Pear (grape)

Peppers:Crono di Toro (Sweet), Italian Roaster (mild chile), and a third pepper that I lost the ID for.  I'm sure it's some sort of sweet non-bell pepper.

Herbs: Oregano, English Thyme, and Sage.

   
Not a bad beginning, but I have a lot more plants to get!





No comments:

Post a Comment