Sunday, August 18, 2013

July 25, 2013 - Roasted Chicken and Vegetables

Tonight's Farmers Market Dinner:
Roasted Chicken and Vegetables

Nothing beats a roasted fresh chicken - it made the whole house smell like Thanksgiving!

 I really wish Blogger would give me rotation control over my photos.  They appear fine everywhere until I upload them.  Anyway...  Here's my haul from the market.

 1. Prepared the chicken but quartering an onion and plucking some herbs from the garden.  I used sage, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Placed some of the herbs, garlic, and onions in the cavity. I then stuffed a little butter and herbs under the breast skin.  I finished by lightly drizzle of olive oil and salt/pepper over the bird.

2. I quartered a small yellow squash. I added them along with the whole carrots, and carrot greens to the base of the roasting pan.

3. Roasted the chicken at 400 degrees.


4. While the bird was cooking I boiled the potatoes and made  rosemary smashed potatoes.  Simply boil them and mash them (with the skins on) with a little butter, chicken stock, and rosemary.

5. While the chicken rested, I made a quick gravy with the drippings. It was a little rioux, some more herbs (minus the sage) and the drippings from the roasting pan.

6. A simple platting with the carrots acting as a wall between the veg and chicken/smashed potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment