Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4, 2009 Zucchini Pruning Update



here's an update on the pruned zucchini plants:

Take a look at the pictures of the day I cut the plants and a little over a week later. They seem to be coming back a bit. Some new flowers (all males) are popping up around the stem. Although there are several new leaves that have grown, most of the original leaves I left on it have a fair amount of powdery mildew. Not a good sign! But they've already exceeded my expectations - I kind of figured they would have been shocked to death after two days. If I get any more zucchini off of any of the remaining three plants I'll call it a success.

This was from July 24th:
...And this one from August 4th:

Check out the update to the Harvest count. It's starting to get impressive. I guess I have some more tomato sauce to make this week:



Several of the sunflowers are in full bloom. They ended up being between eight and nine feet tall. I'm pretty happy with that with so many in a small place. I think I'll space them out a little more than a foot next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment