Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 22, 2011 - Back from San Diego




A really enjoyable work conference took Stacey and I to San Diego last week.  I can't say enough about how beautiful and amazing that town is.  Interesting buildings, people and places - with great weather.  I didn't want to come back, especially now after experiencing the "Heat Dome" over the Philadelphia area. 

Here is a brief photo tour of the trip ( I took well over 1,000 pictures in 7 days).  First, some random shots of the city.


    


The ESRI User Conference itself was exciting for the map geek in me.  I learned a lot and met some great people.
 
 
 
We went to the world famous San Diego Zoo.  I was impressed!
 
 
 
 
 

Took a tour of the USS Midway.  Amazing bit of history and a marvel of engineering.


 
 

Rode the ferry out to Coronado Island to see the Hotel del Coronado...


 
 


...And had a few delicious tasters at the Coronado Brewing Company.  Great place!
 
 

Cocktail party at several museums in Balboa Park




We caught a Padre's game since it was a block away from where we were staying.


Lots of Navy activity in the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment