Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16, 2013 - Downingtown Farmers Market Dinner

Tonight's Farmers Market Dinner:
Basil Shrimp with Lemon Penne, Goat Ricotta & Tomato Crostini, and Pea Shoot Salad

This week I bought snap peas, goat ricotta, baby pea shoots, and lemon penne pasta.

I started by sauteing some diced onions in butter and olive oil, and then adding some white wine.

Once clear, I added the peas and shrimp and cooked for a few minutes.  Once finished I added the grape tomatoes, basil, and the cooked lemon penne.

While they were going I sliced a baguette lengthwise and topped it with goat ricotta and sliced grape tomatoes. Cooked it until it was starting to crust a little, and then finished it with some basil.

The salad was simply the pea shoots tossed some oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, and topped with a slice of lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment