Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2, 2013 - Broccoli Harvest

 I decided today was the day to take out the broccoli.  I wanted to wait until I had large packed heads, but it was not to be this year.  The heads that were the largest have now started to pull apart and the packed heads are a good size but not the giant crowns I've had in the pat.  So I harvested them all and will use the crowns that are still tight for dinner tonight.

This crown was smaller but still had a tight crown.

This crown has gone too long - some of the outer flowers are beginning to open.

All the crowns I cut had secondary shoots.  I may leave one or two to see if I can get any additional crowns but I'm going to take them all out to improve airflow and get more sun to the tomatoes behind them.  They definitely grew bigger than I planned for.

No comments:

Post a Comment